All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has Anyone Ever Had....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:37 pm 

... a lot of trouble with their Part D coverage. I know one year, I had a plan that turned out not to be as cost effective as I thought they were supposed to be. I wound up paying for my Medicare premium as well as for a separate drug plan and it was supposed to be a Medicare advantage plan that covered everything. Has anyone else had any trouble?

Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Ever Had....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm 

No that is one thing that I have not ran into. It sounds like they hung you out to dry on this one. I have not seen problems like this before, but every day I see another loophole or problem with the Medicare system.

Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Ever Had....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:56 pm 

Be very careful when you pick a plan for any supplement to Medicare. Make sure you know everything they charge and why. It is very easy to be misled. That is why I would rather have someone to help me to pick out my plans. At least I would know what is included. If you're like me, you may not be as quick thinking as you used to be and can be easily misled. I also think there is a certain time period in January that you can change your coverage but I'm not sure how long it is. I changed back one year during the first two weeks but it was a great big hassle.