All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apply for Medicaid
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 pm 

I just want to say to anyone who even might be eligible for a Medicaid program, don't hesitate to apply. If you meet the income guidelines, it can be very helpful. The guidelines are often higher than you think and even if you are working, you can often qualify for some sort of assistance. The worst thing that could happen is that you get turned down, right?

Post subject: Re: Apply for Medicaid
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm 

Very true Youngatheart. That's what I told my daughter and her family and they ended up qualifying for some assistance. However if your medicaid office is anything like ours just plan on making a day of it when you apply.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:26 pm 

Do you apply for Medicaid at the Social Security office like you do with Medicare, or is there a different way of getting that done? Is it a free added support to a Medicare plan or does it have to be paid for?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:55 pm 

I have a child who has ADHD, Learning Disability and has tremors in his hands. I am not sure if I should be applying for medicaid, medicare or disability. I would love it if we could get help paying for his therapy and meds. His therapy alone is costing us $250 a month that our insurance doesn't cover and my husband has recently been laid off and I don't work.