All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turned Down
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:20 pm 

Has anybody here thought that they were eligible for medicare and been turned down. I have heard from others that this happens but you can re-apply it is just a lot of paperwork to do so.

Post subject: Re: Turned Down
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 am 

I have heard of this associated with disability claims. Most people are denied on the first try, bu tit is a mistake to just let the first denial stand. It is important to show how serious you are, and to provide every detail imaginable.

I wasn't aware that people were denied Medicare on a regular basis, unless they haven't reached the retirement age set for their age group. If people are being denied, it is probably because they haven't provided all of the information required.

People really give up a bit too soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:30 pm 

Call your local Social Security office. They may be able to help you. And if that doesn't work, call the Medicare hotline. A lot of times you will be able to find out why you were turned down and then reapply.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:54 pm 

I have not heard of this associated with medicare eligibility but as with Diana I have frequently heard of it with disability claims. I have been told that if you plan to apply for disability you need to hire a lawyer who specializes in those claims to help cut through the red tape.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 pm 

Exactly, the problem is likely to be with an incomplete or incorrectly filled form. Personally I would have someone else who has completed the forms review them with you to see if you made a mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:47 pm 

In general, the more people you get involved with finding out what went wrong and how to try applying again, the better. More eyes can catch potential problems and you might get pleasantly surprised by someone who knows/finds something to solve the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:43 pm 

If you apply for disability and are turned down you do have the option to re-apply. It is always helpful to have all the proper paperwork before applying for disability so you are not turned down. Also, if you are not sure what you need, you can call and talk to a representative.