All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Having A Hard Time Picking A Plan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:21 pm 

I have been trying to pick a plan from the back of the new 2009 Medicare handbook that we got in the mail, but I'm having a devil of a time trying to decide. There's a lot of choices there and I just don't know which one to pick. Are you having a hard time too?

Post subject: Re: I'm Having A Hard Time Picking A Plan
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 pm 

You might try to consult with your pharmacy and see if they can help you pick one according to your typical medication needs. You will want the best coverage for your health situation and there isn't anyone who can see your prescription requirements better than the pharmacist.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 pm 

I think someone else suggested that you go to the Medicare website and follow the directions and they will narrow down your choices for you. You can also contact your local senior center, they may have resources or people available that can help you figure which one is the best for you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 pm 

Absolutely, go to the Medicare website or have a friend or someone who is internet savvy to go to it and enter your medication and medication strength and the website will suggest the plans that would be more appropriate for you. Then you go through and see which option you like the most. I think one of the posters above also suggested calling your local senior center, that's a good idea too. They may have someone there or can suggest someone local that could help you to go through the options. Good luck, and don't forget that time is running out for us to pick one.