All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has Anyone Tried to Find A Plan On The Website?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:02 pm 

I take a lot of prescription drugs and my drug cost would be through the roof if I didn't have a Medicare Part D plan. Last year I went to the local library and someone from the local senior care center helped me pick out a plan that was best suited for me. I decided this year that I would go on the Medicare website and try it myself. It's pretty straight forward but it does take some time. If you are at all used to a computer, try it yourself and don't try to pick out one from the back of the Medicare booklet sent to you in the mail.

Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Tried to Find A Plan On The Website?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:29 pm 

I was just going to pick one out of the Medicare handbook but if it's that easy, I think I'll try going online to try to let the website pick the best one for me. That sounds easier. If I pick one out of the booklet, I just kind of hope that it's OK. So far I've picked alright but things are getting more and more complicated lately.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm 

I didn't know that that sort of information could be found on the website but it certainly is good to know. Does it actually compare the plans or just list them out and tell you? Sometimes it's hard to see which plan will work best for you without examples.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:35 pm 

Brandon wrote:
I didn't know that that sort of information could be found on the website but it certainly is good to know. Does it actually compare the plans or just list them out and tell you? Sometimes it's hard to see which plan will work best for you without examples.

It actually tells you how much your prescriptions will cost and how much the plan is. It's really handy and I've found it very easy to use.