All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pharmacy programs and medicare
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:49 pm 

Can you use pharmacy discounts with your medicare prescription drug coverage? For example the $4 prescriptions at Walmart can you still get the discount with your medicare coverage as well?

Post subject: Re: Pharmacy programs and medicare
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:49 pm 

I have found it to work that way. For example, I had a drug plan one year that required me to pay $5.00 copay per generic covered prescription. I would submit my prescription to be filled and when I went to pick it up, I would owe $5.00 for the prescription even though the pharmacy that filled it had it on their formulary for $4.00. This was in the first year though and when I pointed it out to the pharmacy they changed it to the $4.00 price. If your copay is more than the $4.00 that the pharmacy charges for it, point it out to them and they will probably reduce the cost. If not find another pharmacy that has the $4.00 copay and get them filled there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:55 pm 

You have a choice on charging your Medicare or not, you know. If you know something is cheaper than your normal co-pay, simply tell them you want to pay cash. That is your option and the easiest one when it comes to getting the pharmacy to change things.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:49 pm 

That's a good point smartaleck and I guess there is no reason not to if it's something on the $4 list at the pharmacy anyway.