All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sign Up Now!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 pm 

Don't forget, if you need a prescription plan or want to change your current plan, now until December 31st is the time to do it. There are many senior services that are helping you to sign up for the plan best suited to you and your drug uses. Check with your local senior center for places that will help.

Post subject: Re: Sign Up Now!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:39 pm 

What would be the penalty if I didn't sign up for a plan? If I choose to pay full price for my prescriptions (which I wouldn't do), is there a penalty to pay? I just think it's kind of hypocritical for the government to make me buy a plan when they haven't cared for years if I could buy my medicines or not. Now, this is not to say that I'm not grateful for the plan-I am-but it just seems wrong to legislate NOW that I HAVE to get a prescription plan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 am 

I agree with you Maggie and surely there is not a penalty to pay if you choose not to participate in that aspect of the program. Where is the best place to sign up for your prescription plan? I have seen representatives at the local Walmart talking about medicare is this an acceptable way to make changes to my plan or would they strictly be best used for information?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:03 pm 

I have seen the folks at the wal-mark pharmacy area and it looks like they actually just there to help out folks who are overwhelmed with all different choices. I think that this is a great service to the community!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:45 pm 

oldtimer wrote:
I have seen the folks at the wal-mark pharmacy area and it looks like they actually just there to help out folks who are overwhelmed with all different choices. I think that this is a great service to the community!

The only one I've seen at our local Wal-Mart is a Humana representative. I wouldn't get Humana again if they gave it to me every month. I had a horrible experience with it one year.