All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't forget...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:35 pm 

...open enrollment is quickly coming to a close for drug plans. If you want to change your drug plan this year you will need to find something before December 31st. I think I'm going to change this year because mine plan from last year has drastically changed and I don't like the changes. Remember to check out your options SOON!

Post subject: Re: Don't forget...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:46 pm 

I was just thinking about this issue. I started my search and got to the page where you compare the various drug plans and had to save it and go somewhere. I need to go back and pick out my plan soon. I know I'm going to change this year so I've got to do it soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:20 pm 

Oh gees! I forgot all about this! I've got to do this today. I can't afford not to with all the medication I take. I sure don't want to be locked into the plan I have for another year. My copay is increasing from $2.00 a prescription to $9.00 a prescription. As many as I take, I can't afford that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:23 pm 

I did mine a month ago. We have a senior program nearby my home that has an employee that will enter the information into the website for you and the site comes up with the best alternatives for you. It makes it darned convenient for you. I found a great plan for this next year at a lower rate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:51 pm 

Well,

I just got through the process on the Medicare website and picked out a prescription drug plan. I hope it turns out better than last year's. It is certainly cheaper than what I have and the benefits look better. I am certain it has to be better than the year they charged me an arm and a leg and that charge was hidden.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:46 pm 

Only one day left! I don't know about you guys, but where I am government offices have a half-day tomorrow. Better get out there early to get your questions answered and paperwork in on time!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 pm 

Whew! I just did mine online and they certainly are thorough! I have a lot of medicines and getting them all typed in was a chore and a half. But I went through all of the plans and compared them and got what I wanted. It sounds like a pretty good plan too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 pm 

My co-pays went up a bit on some things but overall my plan didn't change as much as some that I've seen. My friend was going to see his co-pays triple so he found a different plan for this year.