All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Premiums are remaining the same
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 pm 

I am very happy to find that the premiums for Medicare Part B are going to remain at the current $96.40 for at least another year. I was a little nervous about the rates rising since everything else seem to be but thank goodness they are staying the same.

Post subject: Re: Premiums are remaining the same
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 pm 

It is always good news when premiums don't go up but it's especially good news in today's economy. My social security check simply does not go as far as it used to and I'm not sure I can squeeze any more out of it at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:42 pm 

Thank goodness! Whenever we get a raise it seems that the Medicare premiums raise enough to take that raise and a few more dollars beside! I just don't know what to do anymore. We have barely enough to go around and it seems that everything is costing so much more that it is taking more and more to make it through the month. I know that everyone else is in the same shape so this is nothing new.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:22 pm 

I think everyone is in the same boat with the economy trying to stretch dollars as far as they can go. I know everyone let out a sigh of relief when they heard premiums were staying the same!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:10 pm 

Definitely good news! I am so glad to hear this. The only problem is that my supplement is going up in price and my part D coverage plan is increasing the copay. I just can't win it seems like. I hate to give up my plans that I've had for a while but I think I may be able to do better by changing to another plan. At least I'm going to price some other plans to see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:08 pm 

smartaleck wrote:
It is always good news when premiums don't go up but it's especially good news in today's economy. My social security check simply does not go as far as it used to and I'm not sure I can squeeze any more out of it at this point.

I was going to warn against getting too excited because the premiums can still go up if your income goes up, but really, in this economy, I don't see that happening for very many people (unfortunately!). So...celebration time! :D