All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medicare Coverage In The Future
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm 

How does everybody feel about the future of medicare? Do you think that this service will be around for our children to enjoy or do you think that the way our country has went into such a downhill slide with the economy and everything that it will be gone?

Post subject: Re: Medicare Coverage In The Future
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:27 am 

The economy will not be like this forever and eventually a president will come along who will have the sense to straighten out the financial mess we are in (meaning the trillions in debt). I think that yes, there will be future coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:18 pm 

I agree with JessieJames; this isn't a permanent situation we are in - this country has and will bounce back. Medicare has become a solid enough fixture in our social security system that I think it will be around for quite some time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 pm 

I am not so sure. The Medicare program has been in danger of collapsing for years and now people are living to be older and older so that just puts more of a burden on an already straining system.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm 

Mrs. Martin, I am with you. At least that is the same sort of thing I have been hearing and worrying about for some time. I do not know the future, but right now, it does not look that great for medicare or social security either for that matter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 pm 

I believe the entire system will be changed before our children are old enough to qualify. The push towards a more socialized system of healthcare has been building for a number of years. With the skyrocketing costs associated with drugs, tests and malpractice insurance these days, it's just going to get worse unless the entire system takes a new direction.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:05 am 

I truly believe we are all messing it up for our children. There are too many people "playing" the system and getting away with it. I don't think that Medicare and the government are monitoring the system the way the should.